The Tasting Room is a weekly show on KFGM, Missoula Community Radio. and is hosted by Missoula’s Wine Guy Mike. The show airs live from 12:00-1:00 MDT on 105.5 FM or you can stream live at KFGM online.
Yesterday on The Tasting Room, a weekly program hosted by Wine Guy Mike, Kevin Head co-owner of The Rhino in beautiful Downtown Missoula, Montana stopped by the radio studio to share a very special event he is co-hosting with The University of Montana Creative Writing Program.
Kevin is a graduate of Creative Writing at The University of Montana and this event has special meaning for him. The Writers’ Fall Opus “Connoisseur’s Edition” is a benefit event whose proceeds benefit The University of Montana Creative Writing Programs, student scholarships, literary journals, and the programs visiting writer series.
This event is one you will not want to miss, ticket prices may seem steep but this may be the most prolific event of its kind. There will be an amazing array of Scotch, Cognac, a very special Gin, and wines that most of us will never purchase due to the rarity and prices. For that very reason alone this event is worth attending but this benefit is crucial to support the UM Creative Writing Program.
Tickets are $200 and may be reserved in advance or purchased at the door. Tables of 8 can be purchased for $1200. This year the event will be held on the second floor of Missoula College’s new River Campus, located off East Broadway, and doors open at 6 p.m.
Here is a sample beverage list for this Writers’ Fall Opus “Connoisseur’s Edition.”
• Brora 37 yr.
• Bowmore 38yr. 1968
• Macallan 18yr. Gran Reserva 1979
• Lochside – 40yr. Signatory 1966
• Ardbeg “Provenance” 54.7%
• Auchentoshan 29yr. 1973
• Bunnahabhain “Auld Aquaintance” 34yr. 1968
• Mortloch 1980 G&M
• Miltonduff 38yr.
• Glen Grant 50yr.
• Linkwood 26yr.
• Glenrothes 30yr. G&M
• Springbank 33yr. Adelphi
• Glenmorangie “Culloden” 1971
• Glenfarclas 1979 Family Cask
• Highland Park “Hjarta” 58.1%
• Port Ellen 26yr. 1979 Old Bothwell
• Glenmorangie “Burr Oak”
• Karuizawa 1986 cask# 1387
• Nikka 1986
• Jameson 2007 Rarest Vintage Reserve
• Hennessey Paradis Extra
• Remy Martin Louis XIII
Wine – Red
• Chateau de Beaucastel Grande Cuvee “Hommage a Jacques Perrin” 2007
• Paul Hobbs Cab. Sauv. 2012 “Beckstoffer/Dr. Crane”
• Caymus Cab. Sauv. 2012 “Special Selection”
• Opus 2012
• Joseph Phelps 2012 “Insignia”
• L’Aventure Estate Cab. Sauv. 2007
• L’Aventure 2013 Estate Cuvee
Please consider attending this very worthwhile benefit and for more information please contact Karin Schalm at (406) 243-5267 or email@example.com
From my table to yours,